Occupational Therapy Manager (based in Waikato, ideally Hamilton)
||Waikato (ideally Hamilton)
|Contact website and/or email
|Closing date for applications
An Occupational Therapy Manager role is now available in the Active+ Waikato team. We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and experienced Occupational Therapist who is keen to make an exciting career move and step up into a Managers role, to join our large and dynamic multidisciplinary team.
The Occupational Therapy Manager will provide clinical leadership to a team of occupational therapists based in the Waikato/Lakes area and would be working within a large team of highly experienced, post graduate qualified Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Psychologists. Active+ Waikato provides a supportive and widely varied environment to grow. You would continue to maintain your OT skills by carrying a clinical caseload, but the role holds a generous allocation of non-clinical management time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing leadership to the occupational therapy team
- Be the clinical lead with meeting ACC contractual requirements
- Supporting new staff with orientation and development
- Assisting the business with audit requirements, planning and growth
- Overseeing clinical staff, including leave management, training, and service standards
- Maintaining relationships with key stakeholders/suppliers/clients
- Working with the Management team on Strategic Planning and development
- Continuing to maintain your occupational therapy skills by carrying a caseload.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate:
- A knowledge of ACC Contracts
- Clinical and people leadership experience
- A strong passion for delivering service excellence.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- A warm and friendly manner, enabling you to work well with others and understand multiple perspectives
- The ability to problem solve and use initiative
- A high standard of proficiency using Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Clean, full driver’s license
We offer an excellent remuneration package including salary, phone and use of vehicle. A mixed employment model of Contracting and Employee can also be offered for the right candidate. If you are a hard-working team player with a sense of fun and are looking to work for a premier NZ Rehabilitation service, then this is the role for you! Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Back to all Job Vacancies