OT Clinical Leader
|Organisation||Tairawhiti District Health Board|
|Advert reference||Vacancy No: HAU00414|
|Contact person||Kate Mather|
|Contact website and/or email||
Kate Mather Clinical Care Manager Shared Services on (06) 869-0500 ext 8678 or email [email protected] for further information.
|Contact telephone||06 869 0500|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||12-09-2020|
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to clinically lead a passionate Occupational Therapy team. This is a 1.0 FTE role (40 hours per week).
The team are committed to the values and behaviours of Hauora Tairāwhiti and have a clear model of practice that drives process and measures outcomes. You will provide clinical and professional leadership to the team, including; recruitment, team and service development, budget management and supervision. As the clinical leader you will be managing a team of therapists that work between the inpatient and community settings, ensuring people experience a coordinated timely journey from initial contact to discharge. Providing a safe, equitable and high quality service to the people of Tairāwhiti will be paramount.
The successful applicant will have:
- A high level of Occupational Therapy Knowledge and evidence based clinical practice to carry out the duties and responsibilities for the role.
- 5 years post grad experience in a variety of setting and preferably with ENABLE New Zealand accreditation for wheelchair and seating and complex housing.
- A high level of understanding and support of integrated working.
- Registration and a current practicing certificate with the OT board of New Zealand.
- A passion for occupation with drive and motivation.
- Excellent time management.
- Evidenced leadership skills and an ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent communication skills in order to establish and maintain effective therapeutic and working relationships.
- Analytical skills related to service development, statistical and budget activity.
- Ability to develop and implement efficient and effective systems and processes to ensure smooth and consistent service delivery.
Gisborne Hospital is the base for a wide geographical area, creating an enormous scope and variety of work for an enthusiastic Clinical Leader. You will have the opportunity to improve equity and provide a quality service to the Tairāwhiti community while enjoying a work life balance in a beautiful coastal setting.
Recognised as an ideal place to raise a family, Gisborne is a relaxed city offering access to outstanding leisure pursuits and a caring safe community. The city has superb outdoor facilities, golden beaches, a warm climate and a vibrant local economy based on wineries, agriculture, surfing and tourism.
Applicants must be registered with the Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand, have a current practicing certificate, and have clean and full driver’s licence. The successful candidate will be subject to a police screen.
To review the job description, click here
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact Kate Mather Clinical Care Manager Shared Services on (06) 869-0500 ext 8678 or email [email protected] for further information.
Back to all Job Vacancies