OT – Concussion Treatment Experience
|Organisation||QE Health Ltd|
|Advert reference||OT - Concussion|
|Contact person||Sue Whitby|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||07 348 0189|
|Full/part time||Full Time or Part Time|
|Closing date for applications||02-04-2021|
|RESPONSIBLE TO||Allied Health Team Coordinator|
|PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION||Safe and effective assessment and treatment of clients.|
|Hours of Work||As per IEA|
QE Health is located on the lakefront at the northern end of the Rotorua central business district. It is close to many amenities including hotels and motels. QE Health is a private company delivering a range of holistic services including rehabilitation, musculoskeletal conditions/rheumatology, orthotics, medi-spa and fitness programmes to local, national, and international clients/clients. These services are funded through both privately paying clients and government contracts (primarily District Health Boards and ACC). The business has been in operation since 1942 and has a proud history in Rotorua based on the healing properties of thermal waters fed by geothermal springs. During the 1940s it was the centre of rehabilitation and treatment for returning servicemen from WWII and since that time has developed into a nationally renowned specialty centre including involvement in rheumatology and rehabilitation research. QE Health has a team of skilled practitioners and dedicated staff who are passionate about the work they do.
Vision: Enhancing Mind, Body and Spirit
Mission: We maximise quality of life through an holistic focus on wellbeing and a person-centred approach using medi-spa and rehabilitation therapies.
- Professionalism and Integrity – we will provide the highest quality of care whilst delivering our service in accordance with legislative, contractual and ethical requirements
- Respect and trust – we will treat our clients and each other with dignity and respect, creating an environment of trust, and recognise and respond to the cultural diversity of others
- Teamwork – we will work together helping each other to achieve outstanding results
- Open communication – we will communicate constructively with openness and honesty
Strategic Goals: The Board and Community Trust have set out the following strategic goals for the organisation:
- Enable people to live productive lives – provide quality and good value services to those who will benefit;
- Build trust and confidence in QE Health – as a service provider and as a business;
- Be the provider of choice – for Medi-spa, rehabilitation and musculoskeletal programmes;
- Work with stakeholders to build value – identify key local and national relationships appropriate to QE Health goals and services, and purposefully develop these to mutual benefit;
- Maintain good clinical and business practice – so as to be a solid and sustainable business.
|To recognise Individual Responsibility for Workplace Health and Safety under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.||
- Responds appropriately to patients/staff questions, requests, and problems.
- Establishes and maintains a rapport and trust with patients/ staff.
- Communicates clearly and appropriately within own team and with other teams in QE Health.
- Uses skills to clarify and to confirm understanding of information received.
- Seeks to learn, develop and improve own practice.
- Recognises expectations and limitations of own practice.
- Contributes to continuous quality improvement in QE Health-wide service delivery.
- Participate in regular Professional supervision.
LEGAL AND ETHICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acknowledges own personal beliefs and values, and works in a way that respects the right of others to hold their own personal beliefs and values.
- Operates within the intent of the Treaty of Waitangi by demonstrating cultural awareness through partnership, protection, and participation.
- Complies with patients/staff confidentiality and privacy regulations.
- Challenges practices that could compromise patients/staff safety, dignity, or privacy.
- Recognises expectations and limitations of own practice, i.e. scope of practice.
- Takes responsibility for own actions and outcomes.
SAFE ENVIRONMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with relevant legislation, codes of practice and organisational policies and procedures.
- Takes responsibility for personal health and safety, and of clients and staff.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of QE Health procedures in emergency and disaster situations.
Back to all Job Vacancies