Service Manager – Speciality Focus (Northland)
|Organisation||IHC NZ (IDEA Services)|
|Contact person||Emily Gullidge, Recruitment Consultant|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||0800 WORK 4 IHC (0800 9675 4442)|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||28-10-2019|
Welcome to IHC New Zealand!
IHC is New Zealand’s leading provider of support and services for people living with intellectual disabilities. Celebrating our 70th year in 2019, our Mission is at the heart of everything we do to ensure the people we support lead satisfying lives and have involvement in our community; within our residential care, supported living, specialist support, vocational support and social housing services.
Our staff are dedicated and hardworking, and every team member plays an important and rewarding part in helping people with an intellectual disability achieve their personal goals and gain greater independence. We are focused on making sure that all our staff receive a comprehensive orientation program and ongoing support and guidance required do their jobs.
A rewarding opportunity is available for an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, or Registered Nurse to utilise their clinical skills and knowledge of supporting people living with an intellectual disability, mental health challenges, or aged care as a Service Manager – Specialty Focus.
Reporting to the Area Manager, this hands-on position will allow you to build relationships with the people we support and their families to successfully plan, coordinate, schedule and review best service outcomes. You will provide guidance and leadership to Support Workers to ensure the team are individually and collectively successful in their responsibilities and understand the importance of the role they play in supporting people.
Hear from our West/Central Auckland Service Manager, Liam, by clicking HERE!
Based in Whangarei, you will be warmly welcomed into the community with the opportunity to enjoy the true kiwi lifestyle including warmer weather, beautiful sheltered and surfing beaches, wineries and exploring colonial-era towns throughout the Northland area.
This position will be offered on a Permanent Full-Time basis, working 80 hours per fortnight.
- Previous experience working positively with people who have an intellectual disability, mental health, or aged care.
- Three (3) years or more experience working within a clinical area (Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, or Registered Nurse).
- Level 5 or above leadership qualification, or a willingness to work towards.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, and experience building successful teams, and achieving desired outcomes.
- Ability and experience with budget management.
- Demonstrated ability developing comprehensive support and teaching plans, building and leading positive behaviour support strategies, and placing principles into practice.
- An understanding of risk assessment and ability to develop assessments and plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Full NZ Drivers Licence.
- A collaborative and inclusive culture with a focus on our people’s wellbeing.
- Employee benefits including discounted gym memberships, insurance, and eye-care.
- Warm and welcoming team environment with approachable and supportive management.
This is an exciting time to join IHC and this opportunity provides a great opportunity to bring your thinking in the areas of health and disability, with the strong focus of providing a safe and high-quality service.
IHC is committed to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and actively seek a diverse applicant pool. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We welcome all kinds of diversity and the different perspectives such diversity brings to our work.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand.
Back to all Job Vacancies