|Job Number: WAI05009
Fixed term until February 2019
Check out this Waikato DHB video (2013) – speaks volumes for team work and staff engagement!
Full time An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced occupational therapist or physiotherapist, ideally with a minimum of two years paediatric experience to join a dynamic team of Visiting Neurodevelopmental Therapists providing child and family centred services to children 0 – 5 years with disabilities in the community.
This position is based within the Child Development Centre at Waikato Hospital. Peer support, supervision and professional development are assured.
Key responsibilities will be:
- developmental assessments
- therapeutic, developmental interventions
- provision of equipment and appliances
- advice on housing alterations
- liaison with allied agencies
- support with transitions
We are seeking someone with:
- a positive, flexible attitude
- ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- excellent time management skills
- exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- full driver’s licence is essential
We welcome applications from qualified occupational therapists and physiotherapists who hold registration to practice in New Zealand. If you would like to discuss this position further before applying please call Debbie Gibson, Occupational Therapy Manager on: +64 (0) 21 969712.
Closing date: 14 June 2018
Position Description – Occupational Therapist
Please apply on the WaikatoDHB website