Visiting Neurodevelopmental Therapist – Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
|Organisation||Waikato District Health Board|
|Contact person||Debbie Gibson|
|Contact website and/or email|
|Contact telephone||021 969 712|
|Full/part time||Full time|
|Closing date for applications||23-05-2019|
Job Number: WAI08869
40 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced occupational therapist or physiotherapist, ideally with a minimum of two years paediatric experience to join a dynamic team of therapists providing child and family centred services to children 0 – 5 years with disabilities in the community.
This position is based within the Child Development Centre team at Waikato Hospital. Peer support, supervision and professional development are assured.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Developmental assessments
- Therapeutic, developmental interventions
- Provision of equipment and appliances
- Advice on housing alterations
- Liaison with allied agencies
- Support with transitions
We are seeking someone with:
- A positive, flexible attitude
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Full driver’s licence is essential
We welcome applications from qualified occupational therapists and physiotherapists who hold registration to practice in New Zealand.
Please apply directly online via the WaikatoDHB website. If you would like to discuss this position further before applying please call Debbie Gibson, Occupational Therapy Manager on: +64 (0) 21 969712.
Closing date: Open until filled
Back to all Job Vacancies